Established in 1973, Wilks are the largest UK manufacturer and supplier of marine fendering and shopfitting buffer systems. Their marine products are sold both direct to consumers and to their growing list of global distributors which currently number over 50. Their shopfitting systems can be seen in all the major supermarkets including Sainsburys, Tescos and Waitrose.
When Wilks decided to significantly expand their business in 2014 they realised their website, based on a custom eCommerce platform, simply could not meet their needs. So, they approached us with an extensive list of requirements for a new website which could cater for their long-term plans.
Magento has the unique ability to be tailored to suit the needs of any business, so we knew instantly that it was the perfect eCommerce platform for the new Wilks website. By implementing over twenty Magento extensions into the website our developers were able to meet all of Wilks’ requirements, even down to the smallest detail. See the ‘Key Features’ list below for more information.
Our designers produced a modern, responsive website that is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The website allows both trade and consumer customers to access a wealth of information and advice about the range of products Wilks have to offer. Users are able to purchase products quickly and easily from both desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Single, responsive Magento website with over 400 products
- Multi-user price points (wholesale accounts) with nett prices for wholesale customers and gross prices for consumers
- Wholesale products with minimum quantity order
- Powerful ‘Refine by’ product filtering
- Product reviews, colour swatches, questions & answers and installation videos
- Downloadable product fitting guides and datasheets
- Ability to order free product samples
- Disable purchase functionality (request a quote)
- Related products (cross-selling) and in-cart cross-selling
- News, Blog, Exhibitions, Customer testimonials & case studies, Media section and Photo galleries
- Interactive ‘Design-a-deck’ functionality
- Multiple promotion and discount codes
- Global distributor page incorporating a Google map
- Mailchimp data capture integration and abandoned cart functionality
“Fellowship have handled the ecommerce side of our business wonderfully and have further used Magento to show our non-ecommerce content in a stylised, interactive manner which delivers a superb experience to visitors. Working with Fellowship has been very rewarding and we are proud of what has been achieved through their design and technical skills. Their understanding of our requirements and ability to incorporate everything within Magento has left us feeling very happy and confident in our choice of partner and platform. We now have a website that allows our products and our business to truly shine.”
Scott Berry – Joint Managing Director